Child Development Center
Linn County Child Development Center offers full-day and half-day early childhood programs for children from 3 to 5 years of age. The center’s primary mission is to offer high quality child development service to families with low incomes and to children with special needs, so parents can hold employment or participate in college or job training.
In order for a Linn County Child Development Center application to be complete and processed, and to put the child on the Request for Service List, income verification is needed to show 12 months of income for parents listed in the household.
Below are different ways that income may be verified:
- Federal tax return or W-2 forms for 2016 for each parent
- Pay stubs for the last 12 months
- Printout from your employer on company letterhead listing hours of work per week and a current pay rate
- SSI benefits - award letter, copy of monthly check, or bank statement if direct deposited
- Child support/alimony - printout (statement from Friend of Court or the court order showing the monthly amount)
- Iowa Workforce Development - printout for the past five quarters
- FIP - printout showing any benefits for the previous 12 months, including the signature date on the Linn County Child Development Center application
- College students: scholarship or grant award letters and a statement from the school on the number of credit hours taken in the current semester
- Copy of VISA if unable to legally work in the United States
- DHS Child Care Assistance
Please note that whatever you have marked for income on the application,you will need to provide documentation.