June 2, 2020: Primary Elections
The June 2, 2020 Primary Election will be held. Voters will use their general election poll locations. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Items of Interest:
- Pre-registration ends Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5 p.m. (PDF)
- February 3, 2020 is the first day our office can accept an Absentee ballot request form (PDF)
- Absentee ballot request forms (PDF) for a ballot to be sent by mail must be received in the office by Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5 p.m.
- In-person absentee voting will begin on Monday, May 4 and continue through Monday, June 1 until 5 p.m.
- On election day, voters will need to vote at their general election poll location. Find your polling location at www.linncountyelections.org/lookup.
- Sample ballots will be available the mid May 2020.
General Information About:
Download an absentee ballot request form (PDF) and mail to:
Linn County Elections
935 Second St. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
The first day our office can accept an absentee ballot request form (PDF) is Monday, February 3, 2020.
The last day our office can receive an absentee ballot request form (PDF) for ballot by mail is Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Ballots mailed back to our office must be postmarked by June 1, 2020 in order to have the ballot counted. Voters may request a postmark at the Post Office.
In-person absentee voting will begin in our office on Monday, May 4 and will run through Monday, June 1, Monday through Friday.
Election Services is located at 935 2nd Street SW in Cedar Rapids.
Office hours are 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The deadline to request a satellite is Thursday April 16, 2020 by 5 p.m.
Requesting a satellite can be accomplished by gathering 100 signature on a petition form requesting a satellite at a location described on the petition form.
None have been requested at this time.