Veteran Affairs

Linn County's Veterans Affairs (VA)-certified staff helps eligible veterans apply for compensation and pension programs to assist veterans and their dependents, including the following:
  • Compensation for Service-Connected Disability / Death
  • Nonservice-Connected Disability Pension
  • Death Pension for Surviving Spouse and Dependent Children
  • Aid and Attendance for Nursing Home and Housebound Veterans
  • Appeals of Unfavorable VA Rulings
  • Eligibility Verification Reports (EVR)
  • Application for Iowa Veterans Home
The veteran must have been discharged under honorable conditions and have served 90 days or more of federal active duty service.

Staff Services
The staff also assists with:
  • Obtaining military records and awards
  • Distributing grave markers and flag holders for Linn County
  • Networking with VA hospitals
  • Networking with other VA facilities and social service agencies
  • Conducts mind body medicine support groups for PTSD