The Civil Division is responsible for serving various legal notices, including original notices, subpoenas, garnishments, writs, and court orders.
During FY17, Civil Division deputies:
• Received 20,105 documents
• Served 18,189 of those documents
• Were unable to serve 1,916 documents after service attempts
• Had a service rate of 90%
• The average service per civil deputy was 3,638 for the year
Included in these services were 226 special executions for selling property (foreclosures). Conducted 12 Condemnation hearings.