Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Linn County has approved a contract with Ceres Environmental, Inc. to remove derecho storm debris from waterways in Linn County. The primary goal of the project is to protect infrastructure and waterways by removing debris from natural waterways that could either damage a downstream bridge or block a structure resulting in flooding.
A grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) will provide 75 percent of the funding; Linn County is responsible for the remaining 25 percent. Linn County’s share of the project will cost $48,273. To qualify for funding and approval from the NRCS and the USDA, Linn County had to show the debris is likely to damage a bridge or cause flooding and that the cost of the removal is less than the cost of repair.
The work is scheduled to begin May 17, 2021, and may include temporary lane closures and flaggers to help with traffic control and safety during debris removal.
The locations identified for debris removal are in Indian Creek and Wanatee Creek in locations near the following roads: Andre Road, Bertram Road, Lucore Road, Rosedale Road, Wanatee Creek Road, and Tissel Hollow Road. Linn County will work with property owners to obtain the necessary encroachment agreement when the debris removal requires the contractor to enter onto private property.
This project will clear an estimated 1,300 cubic yards of debris from the waterways.
Pictured: Rosedale Road Bridge, Linn County