How do I qualify for the veteran affairs relief program?

To be eligible for benefits an indigent veteran shall qualify by:

  • Being a legal resident of Linn County for at least 30 days. Residency shall be defined to mean that a domicile has been established with the indigent to remain, which may be demonstrated, by a driver’s license, a lease, and enrollment of children in school, registration to vote, or other indicators of good faith residence.
  • Having been discharged under Honorable, or General under Honorable Conditions. Veteran must also provide a copy of the DD-214 (discharge papers).
  • Meeting Linn County Commission of Veteran Affairs income guidelines.
    • Family of 1: Income limitation $1,083.52 
    • Family of 2 or more: Income limitation $1,182.52

Questions? Call 319-892-5160 or stop by our office at: 1240 26th Ave Ct SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404

Show All Answers

1. How can I contact Veterans Affairs?
2. How do I qualify for the veteran affairs relief program?
3. How do I enroll for VA medical benefits?
4. Does the Department of Veteran Affairs have a 24-hour crisis line?
5. How do I get a ride to the Iowa City VA Hospital?
6. How do I get Veteran designation on my Drivers License?
7. I need to contact the VA Cedar Rapids Medical Clinic. What is the address and phone number?
8. I need to contact the Iowa City VA Hospital/Iowa City VA Health Care center. What is the address and phone number?
9. What is the contact information to the local Vet Center?
10. I am a veteran and have a service-connected disability that limits my ability to work. Who can I contact about employment?
11. What is the local contact information for veterans who are homeless/near homeless?
12. How can I order my discharge papers/DD214?
13. How can I find out more about the Iowa Veterans Trust Fund benefits?
14. How can I get documentation of my current VA Disability Rating?
15. How can I apply for benefits/manage my benefits/manage my healthcare?
16. How can I get information about agency resources in Linn County?
17. Is there a website where I can get Veteran specific information /resources in Linn County?